You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.2.2 Mail

Since I updated to 13.2.2 my Apple mail app is sending many valid emails directly to trash--not junk mail but to the trash. Even if I move them from trash to the inbox they eventually go back to trash. I can find them on my laptop just fine but on my phone they go to trash.

Any fixes out there?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 12:33 PM

Hello Jim44 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with email being sent to the Trash. You also mentioned that you are running iOS 13.2.2.

There were a number of email issues addressed with iOS 13.2.3. You'll want to update and then test.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2019 12:33 PM in response to Jim44

Hello Jim44 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue with email being sent to the Trash. You also mentioned that you are running iOS 13.2.2.

There were a number of email issues addressed with iOS 13.2.3. You'll want to update and then test.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Nov 23, 2019 10:45 AM in response to Jim44

Hi Jim 44.

Do you have more than one email account on the device? If you do, are they from more than one provider? Again, if there is more than one account and provider, is this behavior consistent across accounts or does it apply to just one?

As long as the account(s) are of the IMAP type (which describes most modern email services from larger provers such as iCloud, Google and Yahoo) then there is no danger of losing data so deleting the account and then re-establishing it will be your next best step. Note, the the accounts are with a different service, including accounts tied to a custom domain and Exchange accounts, you'll want to check with the provider before taking this step.

Go to Setting > Passwords and Accounts and tap the individual account and you'll see an option to remove it. Then, reboot and use the steps here to set it up again.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

Nov 25, 2019 8:49 AM in response to Jim44

Hi Jim44.

If all of the mail from that POP account is in one mailbox or folder, then you can export it to an .mbox file, and then reimport it later.

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

So, if you were to export that mailbox and then delete the account, you could import it after getting this issue resolved. The data would end up in a new mailbox on the Mac that you can name so that you know what it is. As far as getting that Yahoo account re-set-up as an IMAP account, that is something you would need to discuss with Yahoo. But you can save all of the data for import later.

When you import it, you'll see a couple of options. One will say Apple Mail and the other will reference .mbox. Use the .mbox option, navigate to where you saved the data and the Mail app will do the rest.

Cheers.

iOS 13.2.2 Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.