You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App on iPadOS will not show Desktop or Documents folders from iCloud

I’m trying to save document to iCloud /Documents folder from my iPad but the folders don’t exist. The folder iCloud/Documents does appear on my iPhone and Macmini without any issues.

What I have tried,

• Sign in and out of iCloud
  • Toggle iCloud Drive on and off
  • Reinstall files app

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 3:58 PM

2 replies

Nov 21, 2019 1:32 PM in response to weftech

Hi weftech,

Thanks for posting. As I understand it, you're not seeing a Documents folder in Files on your iPad, but you see it on your iPhone and Mac as expected. Is that right?

This resource is a great reference for iCloud Drive: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive. To confirm, are you seeing any of the folders shown in the screenshot below?

"On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

With the Files app on iOS 11 or later, it's easy to access and edit your files directly from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

When you find the file you need in the Files app, you can use it in any compatible app to edit it."

Have you tried searching for Documents using the search function iCloud Drive?

Also, what file format is the document, and which application is it from? Or is this happening with every document you try to save?

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Nov 25, 2019 5:52 AM in response to i_rina

my iPad Pro running iPadOS 13.3 beta stopped displaying the locations in the Files app. All it shows is the Recent files. My other iPad Pro and iPhones running the same iOS 13.3 beta are fine. Just the one iPad. This started a few days ago. One photo is what I see on my one iPad, the other shows the Files app screen on my 2nd iPad. They are both running the same version of iPadOS 13.3 beta.

Any suggestions? I’ve been searching everywhere and can’t find anything about reinstalling the app, or anything else related to fixing the problem.

Files App on iPadOS will not show Desktop or Documents folders from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.