You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong colors on external displays after Catalina

After updating to Catalina on my 2018 Macbook Pro, I noticed that the colors are off on my BenQ monitor. It is especially noticable in the green color, which looks warmer and oversaturated compared to my Macbook display.

I have tried changing the color profiles under display options, but none of the options fix the problem. The same color inaccuracy is also seen using sidecar with iPad, so I don't think it's an issue with my monitor. I used the same monitor before Catalina without a problem.

I use my Macbook for graphic design work, which makes color accuracy very important. Is anyone else having a similar issue or knows a how to fix it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 12:05 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 21, 2019 5:58 PM in response to Orancula

Hello Orancula,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that the colors on your monitor don't look quite right; I'd like to help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If your Mac display doesn’t look right

Specifically, check out the section labeled "If the colors don't look right"

If you try these steps and still have issues, contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

Best Regards.

Wrong colors on external displays after Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.