You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac monitor displaying two different colors instead of one when solid colors are used on websites.

I took a screenshot of what I'm experiencing when visiting websites with background colors for their content modules. I see two different colors displayed. The actual color of the website pictured in the screenshot is the darker red but the display shows a brighter color as well and there is a clear deliniation. This happens across the board with all colors and not just red. I was wondering what is causing this issue and can it be fixed by me or do I need to have the iMac checked by Apple?

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 12:04 PM

That looks like intentional artistic imagery to me. Notice the radiating lines behind the model that are a third tone. I see nothing wrong with this.

What do you see when you visit the site in say Firefox, Opera or some other browser?

Post the address so we can see what we see.

I just searched on "Brightfire" and Firefox sees exactly what you have in the image. Exact same for Safari

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2023 12:04 PM in response to marstudio

That looks like intentional artistic imagery to me. Notice the radiating lines behind the model that are a third tone. I see nothing wrong with this.

What do you see when you visit the site in say Firefox, Opera or some other browser?

Post the address so we can see what we see.

I just searched on "Brightfire" and Firefox sees exactly what you have in the image. Exact same for Safari

iMac monitor displaying two different colors instead of one when solid colors are used on websites.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.