You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external photos source will not sync mac to iphone

I currently have an external hard drive for my photos. they are all organized by album for ease of syncing. the computer recognizes all devices and locations but when i tap sync nothing transfers. I've tried creating a new photo library and that worked but when i switch back to my original it continues with the same problems. I have contacted apple support with all the screen sharing information and problem solving issues and i continue to have the issues with syncing. Anyone else have this problem? Any recommendations for a fix? I do not use iCloud, everything is already on the computer but want to be able to put certain albums on the iPhone. Thank you for reading and hope to get this resolved.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 9:39 AM

Open the photo library you want to sync.

Click on Preferences

Click on General

Click on 'Use as system library'. Only a system library can be synced

Similar questions

2 replies

external photos source will not sync mac to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.