You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sitting up a printer driver - Canon pixma pro100s

I'm on Catalina and the drivers are now available for Catalina, I have been told. It downloads fine from the canon website but doesn't then give me the usual setup screen so I can't set up to the printer.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 2:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 7:17 AM

If you get burned out trying to get Canon to explain why their supposed Catalina drivers do not install, you can proceed with the following…

Your networked Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer is supported by Apple's AirPrint without the need for any Canon printer drivers. Power on the networked printer now…

In System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, control-click on your Pro-100 entry in the Printers list, and choose Reset printing system… . After you enter your administrator password, that entry will be removed, and a new panel will appear indicating that Apple's Bonjour has discovered your printer. Click on that, and another panel will appear where you can select AirPrint from the Use: selector. Then click Add, and again right-click on the Pro-100 entry in Printers and set it as your default printer. Print something to test.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2019 7:17 AM in response to Lizaplin

If you get burned out trying to get Canon to explain why their supposed Catalina drivers do not install, you can proceed with the following…

Your networked Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer is supported by Apple's AirPrint without the need for any Canon printer drivers. Power on the networked printer now…

In System Preferences : Printers & Scanners, control-click on your Pro-100 entry in the Printers list, and choose Reset printing system… . After you enter your administrator password, that entry will be removed, and a new panel will appear indicating that Apple's Bonjour has discovered your printer. Click on that, and another panel will appear where you can select AirPrint from the Use: selector. Then click Add, and again right-click on the Pro-100 entry in Printers and set it as your default printer. Print something to test.

sitting up a printer driver - Canon pixma pro100s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.