You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad

my son has a new iPad for Christmas. His old 1 is set up through my details.

can I set up his new iPad using his own new details (setting up his own Apple id) and transfer over the kids apps I bought on my iPad onto his iPad?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 2:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 2:36 AM

You will need to set-up your son’s new iPad with his own AppleID (make sure you keep record of the password - as children are notorious at forgetting their credentials).

For your iPad, so as to share any Apps previously purchased using your own AppleID, you will want to set-up Family Sharing - with you as the lead account. Once this is done, you can add your son’s AppleID to the family.

With Family Sharing set-up, and your son joined to the family group, you will be able to download [shared] compatible Apps to the new iPad.

This Apple page should get you going in the right direction:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2019 2:36 AM in response to Nett2010

You will need to set-up your son’s new iPad with his own AppleID (make sure you keep record of the password - as children are notorious at forgetting their credentials).

For your iPad, so as to share any Apps previously purchased using your own AppleID, you will want to set-up Family Sharing - with you as the lead account. Once this is done, you can add your son’s AppleID to the family.

With Family Sharing set-up, and your son joined to the family group, you will be able to download [shared] compatible Apps to the new iPad.

This Apple page should get you going in the right direction:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Hope this helps.

iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.