You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag photos into iMovie as on picture per frame

how do i drag photos in to iPhoto as on picture per frame

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 5:09 PM

7 replies

Dec 21, 2019 9:57 PM in response to Bill Pillmore

Before creating a new project go to iMovie/Preferences and in the duration box set the duration of imported photos to as low as you can get it. I think that 0.1 seconds is the lowest, but you can try lower. Using your numbers you would need each photo to have a duration of 0.04 seconds, and I don't think that that can be done. In any event, set it as low as you can and then create a project and import your photos into it. Check the duration of the photos by passing your cursor over the photos. Then play the movie in the timeline. If the speed is not fast enough to get your 24 fps, 10 second, movie then share out the movie and import it back into a second newly created project. Your photos are now a video in the new project. You can speed up the video by using the speed adjustment feature. To do that, control-click on the clip in the timeline and, in the drop down menu that appears, click on Show Speed Editor. That will reveal reveal a speed adjustment handle in the upper right hand corner of the clip. Drag it to the left to shorten and therefore speed up the clip, and drag to the right to lengthen and slow down the clip. Fiddle with it until you get the speed that you want.

-- Rich

Dec 22, 2019 8:07 AM in response to Bill Pillmore

The workaround part is the sharing out to change the photos into a video whose speed can be adjusted. iMovie does have the feature (lowering duration of photos) but it is not as finite as you need it to be. Another way that you can change the duration of photos is by selecting them as a batch in the timeline and then clicking on the information button (the circle with the "i" in it) in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. That will reveal a duration box where you can type in the new duration, and then press Return on your keyboard to set the change for all the photos. However, that won't advance the ball any farther than you were before, because you won't be able to get the setting down to 0.04 seconds.

If you have time, post back with your results.

Good luck with this.

-- Rich

Drag photos into iMovie as on picture per frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.