You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install anything from Logic Pro to external hard disk

I have moved my LOGIC music library to my External Hard Disk, where I have 950 GB of free space. But when I want to Install some sounds and loops, I'cant, because "your disk is almost full". I have on my Mac 1 GB free, What should I do?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 2:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 2:47 AM

Logic first downloads the sound package on the internal disk and after proceeds with the installation on the external disk. You need enough free storage on the internal disk for the download.

Logic or not, 1 GB free storage is way too low. You will encounter a lot of problems like loosing data...

Free up a lot space on your local disk before anything else. Target about 30 % of free space.

WD

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 2:47 AM in response to T_O_M_

Logic first downloads the sound package on the internal disk and after proceeds with the installation on the external disk. You need enough free storage on the internal disk for the download.

Logic or not, 1 GB free storage is way too low. You will encounter a lot of problems like loosing data...

Free up a lot space on your local disk before anything else. Target about 30 % of free space.

WD

Can't install anything from Logic Pro to external hard disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.