You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ is the only thing having issues, skipping and stopping

Streaming for appletv+ *****!!!!!!!!!! keeps stopping!!! Every other app on my apple tv works fine. Signed up to watch "The Morning Show" and it keeps stopping and skipping and repeating. I am so frustrated with it, time for a twitter storm !!! all the advice on line from apple is worthless!! As Appletv+ is the only thing having issues, after rebooting and everything else they suggest. What exactly is it that Apple can't have a decent streaming. I thought by now you were more advanced. Very Very Very frustrated, will not be recommending this to anyone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 8:03 PM

So then what were the results of the diagnostic report?

What is the connection via speedtest?

Did you verify DNS?

Did you actually take the Apple TV to another location for testing?

Saying you tried everything but not giving any details as to what you have done is meaningless.

I am well aware of what articles there are, but you need to specifically detail what exactly you have done and what came of it so proper steps can be taken, that is how this works.

Streaming is not an issue, it is working just fine on my system and for the majority, as I said above. There is no widespread reporting, those that encounter issues can and have rectified it once proper troubleshooting has taken place.

It is obvious that you have probably not done a through investigation. If you are just here to rant then that is not what this forum is for.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2019 8:03 PM in response to razorbud

So then what were the results of the diagnostic report?

What is the connection via speedtest?

Did you verify DNS?

Did you actually take the Apple TV to another location for testing?

Saying you tried everything but not giving any details as to what you have done is meaningless.

I am well aware of what articles there are, but you need to specifically detail what exactly you have done and what came of it so proper steps can be taken, that is how this works.

Streaming is not an issue, it is working just fine on my system and for the majority, as I said above. There is no widespread reporting, those that encounter issues can and have rectified it once proper troubleshooting has taken place.

It is obvious that you have probably not done a through investigation. If you are just here to rant then that is not what this forum is for.

Dec 24, 2019 10:55 AM in response to razorbud

Saying you've tried 'everything' doesn't actually specify what you have tried. Apple's service uses a much higher data rate then other services so if the connection isn't adequate it can easily result in issues. I can attest it works perfectly fine for my regular use as well as during the constant testing for the forum, and there are no widespread reports as would be the case if there were an issue. If you would like to move forward and try to rectify the issue then please see the troubleshooting steps below.

Check current connection using speedtest

Make sure DNS is set to auto (setting - network)

If on wifi try ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Test on another network

Dec 25, 2019 7:22 AM in response to vazandrew

I would like this note to go to “vazandrew” if possible. I was very frustrated with my appletv* streaming, and took out my frustrations on him. I think he deserves an apology from me. Streaming still skips on my Apple TV, but not on any other device. I downloaded the appletv+ to my Roku and it works fine, so it’s obviously “my” AppleTV. I hope this message somehow reaches him.

Apple TV+ is the only thing having issues, skipping and stopping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.