You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incoming phone calls

I have an iPhone SE. He has version 13.3 iOS. Ever since I upgraded to version 13 my phone sometimes does not ring but displays a missed call message. Yes the volume is up in all settings are as they should be in receiving a phone call. When it does this the caller can leave a voicemail. I could be sitting here with my phone in hand when this happens. Is this related to the upgrade of IOS 13 on my IPhone SE? I'm missing important calls. Can anyone help or direct me to who can?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:40 PM

If it is happening only with callers that are not in your Contacts, check Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. If that option is on, calls from unknown callers will not ring, will show as a Missed Call, and they can leave a voicemail.

2 replies

Incoming phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.