You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Condition: Replace Now

Hello,

Surprisingly, my macbook air battery is no longer charging. It is stuck at 0% charge and upon clicking on the battery icon, it is showing 'replace now'. This is an early 2015 model. It's been more than 4 and under 5 years since I purchased it. However, I'm not using it that much from past one year.

In the hardware section, the full charge capacity is showing 6847mAH and Cycle count is 245 which is way less than what apple claims to be the beginning of diminishing battery life. It's no where close to 1000 cycles.

Servicing any apple product is a costly affair. Can someone help me understand if I can fix this? Or should I let go of this device completely?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 6:43 AM

Rechargeable batteries are consumables. They don't last forever.

I imagine it would be significantly less expensive to have the battery replaced than it would be to buy a new machine, but that's your call to make.

1 reply

Battery Condition: Replace Now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.