You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery stuck at 1%

The battery on my MacBook Air 2020 will not charge. I purchased it over 2 years ago and never used it, plugged it in or anything until this week. The warranty is obviously expired. Is there anything I can try before having it serviced?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 6:40 PM

If this is an Intel Mac, then try an SMC Reset (read the instructions even if you know how to perform it since it is different for the 2018+ models).

The battery is most likely permanently damaged if it has been without any charge for an extended length of time. Lithium batteries need to be stored with a charge between 25% to 60%. There is nothing you can do but have Apple replace the battery for you.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2023 6:40 PM in response to lorne2000

If this is an Intel Mac, then try an SMC Reset (read the instructions even if you know how to perform it since it is different for the 2018+ models).

The battery is most likely permanently damaged if it has been without any charge for an extended length of time. Lithium batteries need to be stored with a charge between 25% to 60%. There is nothing you can do but have Apple replace the battery for you.

Battery stuck at 1%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.