You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery stuck at 11%

Hello,

I have a Macbook pro model number A1278 - which community contributors told me is a 13" MacBook Pro non-Retina from 2009-2012.

My battery has been stuck at 11% for a few days now it isn't moving.

The charging cable was very old and frayed so I bought a new one which arrived this morning.

But there is no change - it is not charging.

Last week I paid to have the keyboard changed as a key was missing and since then the battery seems to have been affected. Could the technician have disturbed the battery?

Can't now financially afford to do anything else for a while, grateful for any "ideas" of help.

Best regards

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 6:34 PM

tom258 Said:

"MacBook Pro Battery stuck at 11%: [...]Can't now financially afford to do anything else for a while, grateful for any "ideas" of help.[...]"

-------

Methods and sites I've used to solve this...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies yo Intel-Based Macs Only) Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2022 6:34 PM in response to tom258

tom258 Said:

"MacBook Pro Battery stuck at 11%: [...]Can't now financially afford to do anything else for a while, grateful for any "ideas" of help.[...]"

-------

Methods and sites I've used to solve this...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies yo Intel-Based Macs Only) Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Nov 24, 2022 6:32 PM in response to tom258

tom258 Said:

"MacBook Pro Battery stuck at 11%: [...]My battery has been stuck at 11% for a few days now it isn't moving.[...]"

-------

See if your Hard drive is Failing:

If it is failing, it is time for a new battery.

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [command + R] upon boot)
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button

MacBook Pro Battery stuck at 11%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.