You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to track my paddling (kayak / canoe) on the map like it does when you run / cycle; is this possible?

On apple watch I have noticed when you choose "other" workout it won't use the GPS to track the distance on your paddle.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get around this, or a setting I can change?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 7:15 AM

There is a workout called "rower" in the workout app,this maybe worth a try as there isn't a canoeing or kyaking workout type in the app.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2020 7:15 AM in response to Mr.T-UK

There is a workout called "rower" in the workout app,this maybe worth a try as there isn't a canoeing or kyaking workout type in the app.

Jan 2, 2020 9:08 AM in response to Mr.T-UK

Yes you have a point about the calories,it may mess things up,the only thing I can think of is to try a workout type that may burn similar amounts of calories but also uses GPS tracking.

I want to track my paddling (kayak / canoe) on the map like it does when you run / cycle; is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.