You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export VPN network settings greyed out (MBP 16" 2019 Catalina 10.15.2)

During a clean install I wanted to export all VPN-configurations on my old MBP (Catalina 10.15.2) and import them into the new MBP 2019. I once saw "export config" in black, but after pressing cancel it remains greyed out.

It is no longer possible to export the VPN-settings or any other network setting :-(

Tried a reboot, tried adding a VPN with success, but exporting a VPN config is no longer an option....

Any idea what is causing this?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 5:40 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 7, 2020 1:34 PM in response to plein44

Hi plein44,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to export your VPN configurations on your Mac. I'd like to share guidance.

I found a support article that discusses the actions to take when it comes to exporting network connection configurations: Import and export network connection settings on Mac - Apple Support. Do you have any other configurations set up on your Mac that you are able to export successfully?

It would be a great step to connect with your System Administrator (IT department) to see if this is a limitation due to the type of VPN you have set up.

Best regards.

Export VPN network settings greyed out (MBP 16" 2019 Catalina 10.15.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.