You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text messages going to laptop instead of phone.

my macbook pro started receiving incoming text messages instead of my iphone from one of my contacts. only. So, if I'm not at my laptop, I don't get the texts. they show up as notifications on my screen then disappear. when i tried to find imessage on my laptop using siri, she just read my messages. i'm tech challenged so be easy on me please. :)

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 4:45 PM

Hello aquariusX2,

I see that you're only getting messages to your Mac for one of your contacts. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's start by having you restart both devices and then test to see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, and since this is only happening with one of your contacts, you can delete the thread on your iPhone and start a new on and test again. The articles below will help, if needed.

Restart your iPhone

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In the second article listed below, look at the section titled "Delete a message or conversation".

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 4:45 PM in response to aquariusX2

Hello aquariusX2,

I see that you're only getting messages to your Mac for one of your contacts. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's start by having you restart both devices and then test to see if the issue remains. If the issue remains, and since this is only happening with one of your contacts, you can delete the thread on your iPhone and start a new on and test again. The articles below will help, if needed.

Restart your iPhone

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In the second article listed below, look at the section titled "Delete a message or conversation".

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

text messages going to laptop instead of phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.