You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to Catalina but did not know my old microsoft documents that I guess are 32 bit would disappear. How do I get all my documents back?

I upgraded to Catalina but did not know my old microsoft documents that I guess are 32 bit would disappear. How do I get all my documents back? If I upgrade to the new microsoft app will I get them back?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 11:24 AM

Your documents will still be there unless a problem occured, but you'll need Office 2016 or newer, LibreOffice, or similar software to open them; 32-bit applications can't be run in Catalina.

If a problem did occur, restore them from a backup.

(177853)

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2020 11:24 AM in response to mavan

Your documents will still be there unless a problem occured, but you'll need Office 2016 or newer, LibreOffice, or similar software to open them; 32-bit applications can't be run in Catalina.

If a problem did occur, restore them from a backup.

(177853)

I upgraded to Catalina but did not know my old microsoft documents that I guess are 32 bit would disappear. How do I get all my documents back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.