You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought a reconditioned IMac (with OS Catalina. I migrated files from my MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5 with Office for Mac 2011. Of course that version does not work on Catalina. So I have a new Mac and can’t use my Office

I bought a reconditioned iMac 2017 release with os Catalina. I migrated my files from a MacBook Pro OS X 10.8.5 With office 2011. Of course office doesn’t work on Catalina. I need my office files. So I have a new computer and can’t use it other than surfing. I’m bummed. Is there any chance of a 32 to 64 bit converter in the future ? I’ve read on MS forums of reverting to an older OS on Catalina, that seems like devolution. Any solutions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 10:35 PM

Erase the Mac and reinstall its original version of macOS from the internet, which is likely to be Sierra. Then, migrate the older one's content in the same manner you did before.

Read Reinstall macOS - Apple Support (step 2) for the key chord to use.

Sierra can be upgraded at no charge to Mojave. Catalina will never be able to load 32 bit apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 10:35 PM in response to ohwell707

Erase the Mac and reinstall its original version of macOS from the internet, which is likely to be Sierra. Then, migrate the older one's content in the same manner you did before.

Read Reinstall macOS - Apple Support (step 2) for the key chord to use.

Sierra can be upgraded at no charge to Mojave. Catalina will never be able to load 32 bit apps.

bought a reconditioned IMac (with OS Catalina. I migrated files from my MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.5 with Office for Mac 2011. Of course that version does not work on Catalina. So I have a new Mac and can’t use my Office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.