You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated my late 2015 iMac with Catalina now everything runs real slow

My iMac is running extremely slow since I updated to Catalina. Is there a fix for this?

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2020 7:02 AM

Please download and run Etrecheck  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Additional Text icon in your reply window.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2020 7:02 AM in response to shadow1208

Please download and run Etrecheck  It is a diagnostic tool that's very useful to us in finding problems. Also it will give us further specs on your Mac. After it runs post the log file here. It will contain no personal information. Allowing full drive access will improve the quality of the report.

To post the log file click on share report and use the Additional Text icon in your reply window.

Updated my late 2015 iMac with Catalina now everything runs real slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.