You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music List

I had a library of music on ITunes when using a computer a few years back. I have not used ITunes for a few years and now I have a new computer, I have downloaded ITunes but cannot find my music list. Is there a way to retreve it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 5:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 1:59 AM

Unless the music on the old computer was purchased from the iTunes Store it will not simply appear on the new computer.

If you have a backup of your music from the old computer, you can copy that onto the new computer and then add it to your iTunes Library. If you do not have a backup, or for any music that was not backed up, you will need to go back to the original source that you got it from:

• if the music on the old computer came from other online digital stores, such as Amazon or Beatport (to name but two), try looking at your account in that store to see if you can download the music again
  • if the music came from your CDs, you will have to copy from the CD into your new iTunes Library
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2020 1:59 AM in response to SSS2020

Unless the music on the old computer was purchased from the iTunes Store it will not simply appear on the new computer.

If you have a backup of your music from the old computer, you can copy that onto the new computer and then add it to your iTunes Library. If you do not have a backup, or for any music that was not backed up, you will need to go back to the original source that you got it from:

• if the music on the old computer came from other online digital stores, such as Amazon or Beatport (to name but two), try looking at your account in that store to see if you can download the music again
  • if the music came from your CDs, you will have to copy from the CD into your new iTunes Library

Music List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.