You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music LIBRARY DISAPPEARED

So Ive gotten a new phone recently and went to go and sync my iTunes library onto the new phone (all old school downloaded music that's been there my whole life) and have come to realise that my entire iTunes library has vanished into thin air and I cant find it anywhere on my Mac.

Starting to have a panic attack please help...

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 10:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 12:43 PM

jishxo Said:

"Apple Music LIBRARY DISAPPEARED: [...]my entire iTunes library has vanished into thin air and I cant find it anywhere on my Mac. [...]Starting to have a panic attack please help..."

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Music Purchases:

I. Getting these Downloadable:

• Accessing your Purchases:

Go Here: See your Purchase History for the App Store, iTunes Store, and More - Apple Support

• Adding these to Your Library:

Go Here: Connect your device to your Mac to sync Music content - Apple Support

• Resolving Music Issues:

Go Here: If there's an Issue when you Redownload Apps, Movies, or Other Content from Apple - Apple Support

II. Still Can't Find Them?:

• Removed from iTunes Library:

Sometimes, items become removed from the iTunes library, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2022 12:43 PM in response to jishxo

jishxo Said:

"Apple Music LIBRARY DISAPPEARED: [...]my entire iTunes library has vanished into thin air and I cant find it anywhere on my Mac. [...]Starting to have a panic attack please help..."

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Music Purchases:

I. Getting these Downloadable:

• Accessing your Purchases:

Go Here: See your Purchase History for the App Store, iTunes Store, and More - Apple Support

• Adding these to Your Library:

Go Here: Connect your device to your Mac to sync Music content - Apple Support

• Resolving Music Issues:

Go Here: If there's an Issue when you Redownload Apps, Movies, or Other Content from Apple - Apple Support

II. Still Can't Find Them?:

• Removed from iTunes Library:

Sometimes, items become removed from the iTunes library, and they never become accessible again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become Hidden Purchases? To see if that is the case, unhide them.

Feb 19, 2022 10:26 PM in response to jishxo

jishxo Said:

"Apple Music LIBRARY DISAPPEARED: So Ive gotten a new phone recently and went to go and sync my iTunes library onto the new phone (all old school downloaded music that's been there my whole life) and have come to realise that my entire iTunes library has vanished into thin air and I cant find it anywhere on my Mac. Starting to have a panic attack please help..."

-------

Use Migration Assistant:

Have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac? If so, try restoring this data through use of Migration Assistant. Go Here: Move your Content to a New Mac - Apple Support

Apple Music LIBRARY DISAPPEARED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.