You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't download on my iPhone

HELP.

I have a Mac running Catalina (10.15.2). I have a new iPhone 11 running the latest version of iOS 13. Why can't my music download to my iPhone. I select the music and sync it with nothing happening.

Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the old days when Apple quality was superior to Microsoft, it always worked. It seems now that Apple quality has gone down hill and we see update after update after update. Perhaps if the company stuck to what it knows rather than spending money on TV shows and credit cards. Sigh.

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 5:36 PM

Note the box below the second paragraph here.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

It states:

”If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, some syncing features through the Finder might be turned off.”

And that makes sense, as you may use these same methods to obtain the music you want on the iOS device and the Mac.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2020 5:36 PM in response to JOxl

Note the box below the second paragraph here.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

It states:

”If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, some syncing features through the Finder might be turned off.”

And that makes sense, as you may use these same methods to obtain the music you want on the iOS device and the Mac.

Jan 21, 2020 2:41 PM in response to JOxl

JOxl wrote:

Yes, members of my family have.

OK, then. You haven’t told us, among other things:

• Do they still subscribe?
  • To which service?
  • Are you Family Sharing?
  • How are you hoping to get the two conflicting processes aligned?
    • Sync to my computer
    • Use iCloud Music Library to enjoy the benefits of a subscription service and Family Sharing

Jan 21, 2020 6:07 PM in response to sberman

This is so incredibly frustrating. How can I have an iPhone 7 with no issues. Then I upgrade to an iPhone 11 and everything goes to pot. When I choose to sync my entire library I get everything. But if I choose to sync only selected artists, albums, genres and playlist from Apple Music, which is formerly iTunes it won't work. This seems like all apple is forcing me to subscribe to Apple Music, which I don't want to. What can I do so that Apple Music will sync my music on my phone like it did for many, many, many year.

Help someone.

Jan 21, 2020 6:36 PM in response to JOxl

I went to Apple Music to play songs and it can't find the music. I have the library in a shared directory to allow the entire family to access the music. Now I suspect I need to move all the music to a new location and rebuild the database. Perhaps it will work then.

What is a good alternative to Apple Music that will allow my music to work like iTunes. I want to be able to manage music and put on my iPhone. There it can play on any app rather than iTunes / Apple Music. It appears Apple is abandoning users to subscription services.

Music won't download on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.