You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer print multiple pages to a single page PDF

I used to have a very important workflow where I'd generate 100 images, convert them to a single PDF, and then in the Preview app print that 100 page PDF to a new 25 page PDF in which each page had 4 of the prior pages. I'd accomplish this last step in Preview by setting the 'layout' tab to 4 pages per. Now I get an error popup window that says 'Print. Error while printing. Ok.' Might be related to Catalina install. Does anyone have a fix?

iMac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 8:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 9:50 AM

REFLUXER wrote:

I used to have a very important workflow where I'd generate 100 images, convert them to a single PDF, and then in the Preview app print that 100 page PDF to a new 25 page PDF in which each page had 4 of the prior pages. I'd accomplish this last step in Preview by setting the 'layout' tab to 4 pages per. Now I get an error popup window that says 'Print. Error while printing. Ok.' Might be related to Catalina install. Does anyone have a fix?

Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2020 9:50 AM in response to REFLUXER

REFLUXER wrote:

Use Preview to combine PDFs on your Mac - Apple Support

Can no longer print multiple pages to a single page PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.