You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Minecraft

I purchased my daughter an Ipad 7th generation for her birthday. She has a Minecraft game on her phone that she would like to transfer to the Ipad, but when we try it says I have to pay for it again. Is there a way to transfer it without paying for it again.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2020 11:42 AM

The decision to need to purchase apps is made by the developer. Are the iPhone and iPad both signed into the same Apple ID? It could be that the iPad version is different than the iPhone version, or the developer has determined they will only allow for the game to be on one device per paid download. That is their decision.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 23, 2020 11:42 AM in response to Makaylasmom49

The decision to need to purchase apps is made by the developer. Are the iPhone and iPad both signed into the same Apple ID? It could be that the iPad version is different than the iPhone version, or the developer has determined they will only allow for the game to be on one device per paid download. That is their decision.

Minecraft

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.