You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers file disappeared in iCloud

One of my critical Numbers spreadsheets disappeared in iCloud. Other files remained OK. I have now downloaded my remaining files and saved them back to my computer, and shut off 'sharing' which is a pain because now the files do not synch. I feel like now I will never be able to trust any cloud type of storage again . Does anyone know how to retrieve files which disappear into Apple's icloud? Support portals are confusing and absolutely no help.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 28, 2020 12:50 PM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2020 5:41 AM in response to SGIII

Yes, I’ve used Time Machine for more than a decade, but recently had gotten complacnt and unplugged things. I put too much trust in the Cloud I guess, and now I’m kicking myself. Never again!

The good news is that suddenly last night all my data miraculously reappeared! I don’t know where it parked itself while AWOL, and don’t care now. It’s all safely downloaded back to my computer and my Time Machine is re-connected too. No more trust in the Cloud for me. I know it must have been just a little glitch in the system but I personally don’t need any more warning.

i will still use the Cloud for syncing reasons, but will never trust it as a data repository again. This scare is all I needed to convince me.

Numbers file disappeared in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.