You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad will not respond, black screen, have tried force restart, etc.

Hello,

I haven't found a discussion question similar to mine so I thought I would give it a go.

I bought my iPad, model A1893, about two years ago. I used it occasionally, always kept it clean, dry, gentle use. A year after I bought it I brought it to Hawai'i and it was working great, I had it in my backpack in a car for a couple of hours. That night, it would not turn on. Black screen, no apple logo, no response to charging. I charged it for a long time, I tried the force restart where you hold the sleep and home button hundreds of times, every tip on the internet to try and get it to work again. I plugged it into my laptop, no response on iTunes. I eventually gave up, shelved it, and let it be.

A year later I'm still stumped. It was in great condition. So I took it to a Best Buy to see if they could troubleshoot the issue. They tried a different charger, they tried the same issues as I did, and eventually they offered to replace the iPad, they had no answer.

I guess I'm a little stubborn and I want to know more opinions. Does this sound like a battery issue? Should I replace the battery? I don't want to spend the money if it won't fix the problem. Or should I just give up and maybe get a new one someday? Let me know if you have any tips.

Thank you!!

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 8:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 9:03 PM

Hello,

You will need to call Apple for assistance.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

1 reply

iPad will not respond, black screen, have tried force restart, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.