You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot rearrange a page

For some reason i cannot rearrange any page. I have a very small document of 8 pages and need to manoeuvre the last page to the 2nd. But i cant. It wont let me. I cannot add another page either. It’s pretty frustrating. There doesn’t seem to be any + buttons to help add or takeaway a page.

thanks for reading.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 11:32 PM

Hi C'

Pages creates two types of document: Word Processing, and Page Layout,

Yours is most likely a Word Processing document.

In word processing documents, page creation is automatic. A new page is created when needed to accomodate the added text. The old page and the new page are in the same Section of the document, and attempting to move the Page will actually move the whole section.

To move a single Page, you must first place that Page in a Section of its own, by inserting a section break before it and another Section break after it. You must also ensure that the place you will move it to is between two sections.

Usually, especially in documents that are mostly text, you would not move the Page, but would move the Content.

Select the text you want to move. Press command-X to cut that text from the document.

Click on the location you want to place the cut text. Press command-V to Paste it into the document at that location.

Pages will adjust the text twice—once to fill the space left when you made the cut, and again to make space for that text when you do the Paste.

Remember to check the spacing at the beginning and end of the pasted text, and at the location from which the text was cut, and make any adjustments needed.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2020 11:32 PM in response to Cookstar78

Hi C'

Pages creates two types of document: Word Processing, and Page Layout,

Yours is most likely a Word Processing document.

In word processing documents, page creation is automatic. A new page is created when needed to accomodate the added text. The old page and the new page are in the same Section of the document, and attempting to move the Page will actually move the whole section.

To move a single Page, you must first place that Page in a Section of its own, by inserting a section break before it and another Section break after it. You must also ensure that the place you will move it to is between two sections.

Usually, especially in documents that are mostly text, you would not move the Page, but would move the Content.

Select the text you want to move. Press command-X to cut that text from the document.

Click on the location you want to place the cut text. Press command-V to Paste it into the document at that location.

Pages will adjust the text twice—once to fill the space left when you made the cut, and again to make space for that text when you do the Paste.

Remember to check the spacing at the beginning and end of the pasted text, and at the location from which the text was cut, and make any adjustments needed.

Regards,

Barry

Cannot rearrange a page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.