You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Keeps Logging Out !

Mid 2011 Mac Mini, High Sierra 10.13.6. I'm using Apple Remote Desktop to use this Mac Mini as a server. The mini has no keyboard, mouse or screen. It has several RAID drives connected to it. After a brief period of time, the mini logs out, when you are removed into it. It also reverts to the log in screen every time you remote into it. I need it to stay logged in and awake at all times so that my RAID drives sync (using Chronosync and Dropbox). These services dont work when the user isn't logged in. Any thoughts? It used to work great. Stopped working recently. (October 2019?).

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 7:50 AM

Thank you ! I will give that a try. Does that expose me to any unnecessary security risks from outside sources? A little flavor: server is connected to my network via Ethernet only, no wifi but the network has Wifi. Wifi requires a password (cant remember protocol). I'm guessing this server is only as secure as its weakest link, i.e. a wifi network breach.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2020 7:50 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you ! I will give that a try. Does that expose me to any unnecessary security risks from outside sources? A little flavor: server is connected to my network via Ethernet only, no wifi but the network has Wifi. Wifi requires a password (cant remember protocol). I'm guessing this server is only as secure as its weakest link, i.e. a wifi network breach.

Mac Mini Keeps Logging Out !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.