You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing themes in Keynote (9.2.1)

It seems that the designers have changed the way to manage themes again. Right clicking doesn't work anymore. Anyone know how to delete unwanted themes and/or rename themes? Thanks!

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 12:53 PM

• Open Keynote
  • go to File > Save Theme
  • click on Add to Theme Chooser
  • Right Click a theme and select Delete

2 replies

Feb 14, 2020 6:46 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks. I'm not sure if restarting and then right clicking made it work this time, but at least reading this solution made me try again. I have to point out, however, I remember when using a Mac was intuitive...but now if you want to DELETE a theme, you have to first go to SAVE theme (not what I want to do...but wait, there's more!), then click on ADD THEME TO CHOOSER (not what I want to do...but wait, there's still more!), which then adds a theme that I'll then need to delete by right clicking, and then I can finally get to the business I need to do. I really, really, miss the Apple of 20+ years ago. And I really, really, want to thank Gary! Cheers!

Managing themes in Keynote (9.2.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.