You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacbookPro and IPad (with home button) will not recognize password and passcode

Hello,

This morning my MacBook Pro and iPad would not recognize my password and passcode even though I was inputting the correct ones. I was able to reset my MacBook Pro password, but for my iPad it is not possible. I have not backed up my iPad and therefore I am afraid of factory resetting it. What is going on with my products and why is this happening? This is really frustrating because I heavily rely on my electronics for school.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 8:38 AM

Hello,

I am sorry, if you have forgotten your iPad's passcode then you must restore your iPad to factory settings. This is a good lesson as to why it is always important to maintain current backup of your data.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2020 8:38 AM in response to OrangeSS

Hello,

I am sorry, if you have forgotten your iPad's passcode then you must restore your iPad to factory settings. This is a good lesson as to why it is always important to maintain current backup of your data.

Please refer to the following Apple Support documents.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

MacbookPro and IPad (with home button) will not recognize password and passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.