You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification sound not working

While I’m working on my iPad, my phone does not make a sound when I get a text. I have already taken my phone number off in the ‘send and receive’ on my iPad so that I don’t get the texts while I’m working, but I would like to know why my iPhone doesn’t notify my with sound of my messages while my iPad is in use

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 9:27 AM

Hello,

Apple's system software intelligently serves notifications to the device you are currently using. When your iPad display is on then you are most likely using your iPad. Messages will serve a new notification to your iPad since you are using it. If your iPhone's display was on while your iPad's display is off then Messages will serve the notification to your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2020 9:27 AM in response to Iltsmd1015

Hello,

Apple's system software intelligently serves notifications to the device you are currently using. When your iPad display is on then you are most likely using your iPad. Messages will serve a new notification to your iPad since you are using it. If your iPhone's display was on while your iPad's display is off then Messages will serve the notification to your iPhone.

Notification sound not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.