You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop just stopped working correctly

Hej! I have and issue while trying to send PDF from my MacBook Pro (13 late 2017) to iPad Pro 10,5 (2017).

Usually when I send PDF – special menu on iPad screen appears asking what to do with the file. But now MacBook says that everything has been transferred, iPad makes sound like it has received the file, but nothing happen after that. No menu asking me, and I can't find where the file has been saved (if so).

And it works quite fine either I send JPG from Macbook to iPad, or any file from iPad to Macbook.

Could you please help?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 8:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 9:56 PM

Well, here's what has happened.

The issue described arises every time after I try to airdrop .epub file and got error. Right after that if can send neither epub nor PDF. But airdropping JPEG still works. The issue is solved after restarting iPad – but every time I was restarting iPad first file I airdropped every time was that crappy .epub, so nothing works after that.

It is worth to be noted that epub file was not corrupted by itself and was opened correctly either on my macbook or android devices.

So, let's consider the issue solved.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2020 9:56 PM in response to snemand

Well, here's what has happened.

The issue described arises every time after I try to airdrop .epub file and got error. Right after that if can send neither epub nor PDF. But airdropping JPEG still works. The issue is solved after restarting iPad – but every time I was restarting iPad first file I airdropped every time was that crappy .epub, so nothing works after that.

It is worth to be noted that epub file was not corrupted by itself and was opened correctly either on my macbook or android devices.

So, let's consider the issue solved.

Feb 17, 2020 5:09 AM in response to snemand

Perhaps an obvious suggestion, but if you know the name of the file (having sent it from your Mac), why not use the native iPad Search feature to find it?

From any Home Screen, touch anywhere on the screen (except on an App icon - or near the extreme edges) and pull-down to reveal the “Search” dialogue. Enter the filename - as you type, matching objects will appear, together with their location. Tapping the item from the list of search results will then take you directly to it - or ask which App to use to open it.

Airdrop just stopped working correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.