You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

virus or malware?

2011 model running High Sierra. Firefox is my preferred web browser

(73.0). I've been an Apple user since forever and I don't think I've

ever had an infection before so I'm not sure what to do. My search

engine preference in Firefox randomly resets to yahoo from google, and

shortly after every restart, Safari opens itself and another app opens

with it called ContentStyles or ThreadProperty. Both of those just

freeze my screen so I'm not sure what they are. Have tried throwing them

in the trash. Have tried throwing Safari in the trash, too, but

computer won't let me. :/

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 17, 2020 8:09 PM

10 replies

Feb 18, 2020 7:43 AM in response to Alancito

If you see an error message while trying to update your device wirelessly, learn what to do. If you need more space for a wireless update, you can update using your computer or delete content manually from

your device. Whether you use your computer or update wirelessly, you'll

have the same amount of free space on your device after you update.

Above is copied from Apple article Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The "New & improved" RTE breaks up perfectly formatted paragraphs - has from day one

Feb 18, 2020 5:57 AM in response to owen meany elizabeth

owen meany elizabeth ~ This is just a tip about typing text into these Communities: When you reach the end of the text window, rather than hitting the ↩ key (Return or Enter key), just continue typing. And to begin a new paragraph, hit the ↩ key twice. ...That way, your text will not look "broken up" when viewed on smaller devices such as iPhone:

õ¿õ¬

Feb 18, 2020 4:12 PM in response to owen meany elizabeth

So you tyoed the entire paragraph of your original post in ASC's Rich Text Editor = New Discussion = right?

When you typed it into the composition box, did the lines appear to wrap "at the right edge" of the box (as one would expect) - OR - while typing, did it look like it ended up posting?

The reason that we are discussing this here is that Apple decided to replace the old siteware with "homegrown" in Dec 2018 - and RTE and other things are STILL acting wacky - unexpected results

Feb 19, 2020 7:09 AM in response to owen meany elizabeth

OK

It should NOT look the red boxed way if you type constantly without using "typewriter" RETURN key at the end of each line

I also use Firefox 73

When I type a long paragraph, it looks like this

Pasting the same paragraph here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras vel lacinia enim. *** sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Cras commodo gravida diam. Ut malesuada faucibus magna at cursus. Nullam non convallis libero. Aliquam consequat eros nec nibh porta, nec ornare nisl vulputate. Fusce semper dolor et lorem sagittis sodales. Suspendisse nulla risus, placerat iaculis purus non, elementum efficitur tellus. Quisque euismod scelerisque lorem, quis laoreet erat mollis a. Nulla sed velit ornare, porta est eget, commodo lectus. Donec sapien magna, convallis in nisi nec, dignissim efficitur metus.

virus or malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.