You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My magic mouse2 has begun to scroll in a jerky fashion instead of the smooth fashion previously. What can I do?

iMac 2019 Running Mojave. By jerky I mean there is a 1 second pause after I click on an object and move the mouse.

I have tried various surfaces and a Magic mouse 1 with the same results.

I have reviewed the forum but none of the suggestions help.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:40 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

The following may also be applicable: If your pointer is jumpy when you use a trackpad, Magic Trackpad, or Magic Mouse

8 replies

Mar 5, 2020 3:11 PM in response to nealt2

If the identical behavior occurs in Safe Mode it generally means it's hardware-related. The easiest thing to do that would advance troubleshooting would be to substitute another mouse.

Literally any USB mouse will work. If you must buy one, they're very inexpensive. I have tried and failed to give away these brand new Logitech mice for free, so don't spend much on one. There are similar ones on that page for about $6.

My magic mouse2 has begun to scroll in a jerky fashion instead of the smooth fashion previously. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.