You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing an album between a Photos user and iPhotos user

One of the folks I want to share an album with uses iPhotos, while my Mac is up to date with Photos. The iPhotos person has sharing checked in their preference, but there is nothing that shows any sharing choice. It is tough to try and figure out what is going on in that we are on opposite sides of the country. I am even having difficulty finding info about sharing albums with iphotos. Any help in directing me to locations with information would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 12:01 PM

In Photos for Mac you can create shared albums

This is described here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/photos/pht7a4c765b/mac

• On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Select iCloud, click the Options button next to Photos, and then select Shared Albums.

iPhoto users can browse shared albums as well, if you invite them to view your shared album.

The Shared Albums need to be enabled in iPhoto > Preferences > iCloud. Then use the Share menu to create a Shared album.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2020 12:01 PM in response to DJMc

In Photos for Mac you can create shared albums

This is described here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/photos/pht7a4c765b/mac

• On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Select iCloud, click the Options button next to Photos, and then select Shared Albums.

iPhoto users can browse shared albums as well, if you invite them to view your shared album.

The Shared Albums need to be enabled in iPhoto > Preferences > iCloud. Then use the Share menu to create a Shared album.

Sharing an album between a Photos user and iPhotos user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.