You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable keyboard/text replacement in firefox

Hello, I would like to find out how to setup text replacements in FireFox

so that it is sourcing/replicate the input in macOS High Sierra (v 10.13.6) in Preferences - Keyboard - Text

This would help a lot with my productivity at work. I am not sure if there is a way to enable my text replacement shortcuts setup on my Mac to work in Firefox, or if there is some sort of Add-On that would achieve this.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:41 AM

For text replacement to work in Apple Applications, they use Edit menu : Substitution : √ Text Replacement. You will notice that this menu item is entirely missing from Firefox 74.0.1, and many other non-Apple applications. The Firefox development team would have to redesign Firefox with the ability to enable text replacement from Apple's System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel — which it is currently lacking.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2020 10:41 AM in response to zanjabil

For text replacement to work in Apple Applications, they use Edit menu : Substitution : √ Text Replacement. You will notice that this menu item is entirely missing from Firefox 74.0.1, and many other non-Apple applications. The Firefox development team would have to redesign Firefox with the ability to enable text replacement from Apple's System Preferences : Keyboard : Text panel — which it is currently lacking.

How to enable keyboard/text replacement in firefox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.