You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring not working from my iPhone but working from another one

I'm using a UE55NU7092 samsung tv and I've noticed I can't mirror my screen from my iphone 8 anymore, even though I can stream using another iphone (a 6s). My tv also doesn't show up on my macbook through airplay.

My tv and devices are connected to the same wifi network, and it used to work but suddenly they stopped working.

My iphone 8 is on ios 13.4 and the 6s is on 13.3.1. My mac is on macos 10.15.4, and I believe it worked before I updated to this version. The tv is on version 1292.

Also, this problem extends to youtube and spotify. I can't login to youtube by searching for connected devices and on spotify my tv doesn't show up in the Devices Available menu neither on my iphone nor on my macbook.

I tried unplugging and plugging back, restarting all devices, reconnecting to wifi and nothing worked.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 11:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 12:25 PM

Try to power off and on your main router.

Test on a minimal configuration if your Network setup is more complex such as you use some signal extenders/boosters.

If your router is a dual-band and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Network are advertised under one name, try to split it up to two separate networks with unique names.

Most of devices such as TVs and printers support 2.4GHz only. So test when both devices are on the same Network.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2020 12:25 PM in response to DanciuClaudiu

Try to power off and on your main router.

Test on a minimal configuration if your Network setup is more complex such as you use some signal extenders/boosters.

If your router is a dual-band and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Network are advertised under one name, try to split it up to two separate networks with unique names.

Most of devices such as TVs and printers support 2.4GHz only. So test when both devices are on the same Network.

Screen Mirroring not working from my iPhone but working from another one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.