You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove unnecessary restored mail folders?

Mail makes a lot of restored mail folders - unnecessary and unwelcome!!! They cannot be erased or removed by choosing erase folder or by dragging to trash. Advice I've seen in different forums has been either hard to understand or not working... I try to ignore it by hiding the folders, but from time to time I am reminded of this peculiar bug. A working advice would be appreciated!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 12:04 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2020 5:37 AM in response to Barney-15E

Ok, tried to rebuild the Mailboxes and THEN erase the restored mail folders - and... look and behold, it did the trick! Although it took some time to delete some 300+ folders, they one by one started to disappear until everyone of them where gone. So whatever rebuilding did to the mailboxes it apparently now allowed them to be deleted. Great, thanks for the tip! Now I can help others who have the same problem. :)

How can I remove unnecessary restored mail folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.