You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control Center missing after upgrade to iPadOS 13.4

I have a new iPad 7th Generation (10.2"/128GB) and during installation I upgraded it to iPadOS 13.4.

Everything seems to work fine except that I cannot get the Control Center to appear anywhere! Whenever I swipe down from the upper right, all I get is a blank screen with a search bar and a keyboard. No Control Center.

I have checked all the Settings I know about that affect Control Center and everything looks correct.

• In Settings > Control Center: Access Within Apps is ON and I have 4 controls that I included (Camera, Magnifier, Alarm & Timer)
  • In Settings > Touch ID & Passcode: Allow Access When Locked is ON for Control Center.

Anyone know how to fix this?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 9:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 6:06 AM

Well, the joke's on me! I discovered that the rim of the leather case I bought for the iPad wrapped just far enough over the edge of the screen that I couldn't pull down the Control Center! I noodled the iPad a bit in the case and now it seems to be working fine! Just goes to prove that not all problems are technical ...

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 6:06 AM in response to Demo

Well, the joke's on me! I discovered that the rim of the leather case I bought for the iPad wrapped just far enough over the edge of the screen that I couldn't pull down the Control Center! I noodled the iPad a bit in the case and now it seems to be working fine! Just goes to prove that not all problems are technical ...

Apr 4, 2020 9:22 AM in response to MartinR

First, try swiping down from the extreme right corner of the iPad. For some reason, you are getting the spotlight search. Maybe you just need to move to the right a little bit.

If that’s not it, I would try a forced restart of you haven’t done so already. I think your iPad has a home button, but I’m not sure so,

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Apr 4, 2020 6:03 PM in response to MartinR

Two iPad Pro 11's, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max. All running iOS/iPadOS 13.4. None of them have an issue using control center by pulling down from the top right hand corner of any of the screens. I haven't seen other's (though I could have missed them) say this is a known issue at all.

You should use the contact support button at the top right hand corner of this page to ask Apple why it's not working on your device.

Apr 7, 2020 6:46 AM in response to MartinR

I’m glad to hear the resolved the issue.

I have a Fintie 360 Rotating Grip Stand Case on my iPad Air 3 and I have to take more care when using the go back to the previous app function by tapping on the app name in the upper left corner or by going back to the top of a page by tapping at the top of the screen. The totally encompassing case comes down a little too far and I have to hit those areas in the sweet spot for them to work.

Control Center missing after upgrade to iPadOS 13.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.