You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

Hello, I am currently signed in to my own apple id with apple music. I have family sharing with my mom, dad, and sister, but all of there music is downloaded on my phone and vise versa. How do i create my own profile but still use my moms apple music subscription.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 11:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 8:25 AM

It sounds to me like all of you are sharing the same Apple ID. If so, that is not really Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own Apple ID. According to:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Each member of an Apple Music family subscription gets unlimited access to the Apple Music catalog. And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.

Perhaps these articles will help:

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:25 AM in response to Mcneese2020

It sounds to me like all of you are sharing the same Apple ID. If so, that is not really Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own Apple ID. According to:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Each member of an Apple Music family subscription gets unlimited access to the Apple Music catalog. And each family member gets their own personal music library, and music recommendations based on what they love to listen to.

Perhaps these articles will help:

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.