You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Profiles

I was wondering if it is true or not that you are able to set up multiple profiles on Apple Music. My family and I currently have family sharing set up, but I am still on the organizers Apple ID on Apple Music. I get all of the music and recommendations that the organizer likes which I have heard is not supposed to happen. I would like to know how to solve this problem and create my own profile with my own playlists and downloads. I have tried signing up under "Media and Purchases" in settings with my own Apple ID, but it doesn't give me an option to set up a profile, it only says I need to purchase Apple Music subscription. On my devices, I have my own Apple ID, but I am signed up on organizers Apple ID for App Store, arcade, music etc. I would really appreciate the help to see what I might be doing wrong and how to solve this problem.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 6, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2022 8:13 PM

If you are sharing an Apple ID with someone else, that is not Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID that they use for everything concerning Apple. If you continue to share an Apple ID, you will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no work-around.

If there is information you want to share with your family, (and you want your own profile and playlists, etc.) then someone should designate themself as the Family Organizer and follow the steps in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

and

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2022 8:13 PM in response to emilyh24

If you are sharing an Apple ID with someone else, that is not Family Sharing. Everyone should have their own unique Apple ID that they use for everything concerning Apple. If you continue to share an Apple ID, you will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no work-around.

If there is information you want to share with your family, (and you want your own profile and playlists, etc.) then someone should designate themself as the Family Organizer and follow the steps in:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

and

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Apple Music Profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.