You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch hasn't been used in awhile wanted to clear for my kid to have

I have changed the password, several times and keep getting authentication failed with my user ID.

I know I have it correct because I logged in here with the same user name and password. So it is an ipod issue.

I tried to do a few internet fixes I found but it also keeps saying "incorrect password" for the wi-fi as well, again I know it's the correct every device in my house is logged into it.

I plugged it in to the computer and it shows up fine but I can't clear it that way because "find my" needs to be turned off, and I can't turn that off because it says "authentication failed" when I enter a password with my user ID, so I'm going in frustrated circles with trying to clear the ipod and about to just buy her a tablet.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 8:42 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Ipod Touch hasn't been used in awhile wanted to clear for my kid to have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.