You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I find my iPhone using my Apple ID phone is dead

My iPhone se is missing and dead. I do not have find my iPhone set up. I was wondering if there was a way to locate my iPhone using my Apple ID because it is linked to that phone only. Please help!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 10:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 1:03 PM

It is impossible to find your lost iPhone SE because you stated that-

1. The battery is dead.
  2. Find My is not setup on that iPhone.

Point 1 - Dead Battery - is the one that absolutely stops you from finding your iPhone SE through Find My. Your iPhone has to not only be powered but also be able to connect to the internet (WiFi or Cellular) and broadcast its location. This is not possible with a dead battery. You will therefore need to find your iPhone SE by physical old fashioned means.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2020 1:03 PM in response to Ivanwatkins

It is impossible to find your lost iPhone SE because you stated that-

1. The battery is dead.
  2. Find My is not setup on that iPhone.

Point 1 - Dead Battery - is the one that absolutely stops you from finding your iPhone SE through Find My. Your iPhone has to not only be powered but also be able to connect to the internet (WiFi or Cellular) and broadcast its location. This is not possible with a dead battery. You will therefore need to find your iPhone SE by physical old fashioned means.

Axel F.

Can I find my iPhone using my Apple ID phone is dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.