You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I put the replacement AirPod in the case the light only flashes amber

I ordered a replacement air pod due to my left one being stolen. Every time i put the replacement in the case the light only flashes amber. Ive tried everything with apple support and watching videos and nothing helps.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:33 AM

Hello,

Start here:

Set up your replacement AirPods or charging case

If no help, try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Good luck.

2 replies

Apr 14, 2020 10:59 AM in response to othompson1456

Hi othompson,

MrBill3's advice will not work for you. The problem is they are sending out replacement airpods with a firmware that is not yet released. See the long thread that includes "2D3". So no matter how long you try to do the recommended approaches, you will not be able to sync the two together. You will, however, be able to sync the new replacement airpod by itself, if it is the only one in the case. Then, you can search settings -> general -> about and check the airpods firmware. It will likely show 2D3, meaning you wont be able to sync it and it will remain flashing amber when in the case with your existing airpod.

I think apple is aware of this but getting it fixed is frustrating because the replacements are often sent with the 2D3 firmware as well. Several of us have been back and forth on this with tech support for days now.

Every time I put the replacement AirPod in the case the light only flashes amber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.