You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videocalls crashing since last security update HighSierra 10.13.6 / 2020-002

Anybody else has this issue of all video call options freezing after couple of minutes? My camera freezes and the videos of the people in the call get "lights off". On all: hangouts, zoom, teams.. This is highly upsetting, especially during this period. Apple, do something to fix this!!!

I cant upgrade to Catalina, as it also has major issues w/ connecting to an external screen.

I'm stuck and cannot properly use my computer...

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 1:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 9:50 AM

Hi, exact same. This seems to be a big issue https://mrmacintosh.com/2020-002-update-causes-some-macs-to-freeze-when-using-video-conf-apps/

One thing mentioned is to disabled 'Hardware Acceleration' in the app settings, I have just done this so we will see. Definitely the security update as my mac was working fine before the update!

Effecting most video conferencing software! :(

• Zoom.us
  • Slack
  • Webex
  • Teams
  • FaceTime
  • Sublime Text
  • Google Meet
  • Google Hangouts
  • Adobe Creative Cloud apps
  • Illustrator & Animate
  • VMWare Fusion
  • Spotify Helper
  • AnyDesk
  • ScreenConnect
  • Visual Studio Code

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2020 9:50 AM in response to bvl1234

Hi, exact same. This seems to be a big issue https://mrmacintosh.com/2020-002-update-causes-some-macs-to-freeze-when-using-video-conf-apps/

One thing mentioned is to disabled 'Hardware Acceleration' in the app settings, I have just done this so we will see. Definitely the security update as my mac was working fine before the update!

Effecting most video conferencing software! :(

• Zoom.us
  • Slack
  • Webex
  • Teams
  • FaceTime
  • Sublime Text
  • Google Meet
  • Google Hangouts
  • Adobe Creative Cloud apps
  • Illustrator & Animate
  • VMWare Fusion
  • Spotify Helper
  • AnyDesk
  • ScreenConnect
  • Visual Studio Code

Apr 15, 2020 2:27 PM in response to bvl1234

Howdy bvl1234,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out in Apple Support Communities. I understand the camera on your Mac freezes, when you certain applications.

Having the ability to stay in touch with your friends and family by camera is one of the many features in enjoying your Mac and I'd like to help.

Are you experiencing this behavior with FaceTime or Photo Booth? If not and this only occurs with the third party applications on your Mac, I suggest following the steps outlined in this helpful article: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly This may help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Please keep me posted on the results.

Take care.

Videocalls crashing since last security update HighSierra 10.13.6 / 2020-002

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.