You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Camera on Imac Freezes MacOS Catalina

after a minute or two in FaceTime and Photo Booth, my video freezes. I purchased a new iMac about two weeks ago, but this problem is continuing. Please tell me if there is something wrong with MacOS. Also, could it have anything to do with having Norton 360 installed on my computer?

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 3:55 PM

Yes, adding Norton or any third party antivirus, cleaning app or other "maintenance" apps can cause very odd behavior. The best antivirus, security, cleaning and overall maintenance app for Mac OS is Mac OS itself. Adding third party apps adds no additional layers of security to Mac OS and only serve to make Mac OS appear buggy, slow and inconsistent. Please locate the developers uninstall instructions for Norton and uninstall and then restart the computer and retest.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2020 3:55 PM in response to larry from Tarzana

Yes, adding Norton or any third party antivirus, cleaning app or other "maintenance" apps can cause very odd behavior. The best antivirus, security, cleaning and overall maintenance app for Mac OS is Mac OS itself. Adding third party apps adds no additional layers of security to Mac OS and only serve to make Mac OS appear buggy, slow and inconsistent. Please locate the developers uninstall instructions for Norton and uninstall and then restart the computer and retest.

Video Camera on Imac Freezes MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.