You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 has a black screen and will not turn off

My iPhone 11 has a black screen with the white swipe line at the bottom but swiping does not do anything. I tried to turn the phone off but it is not responding to the pressing of the buttons on each side of the phone. I do not get the swipe to turn off message.If I let the phone sit for awhile the screen goes to sleep and when I tap the screen it does wake up and try to do the facial recognition and when I input the access code the home screen comes up, but when I swipe up the screen goes black. Double tapping gets Siri to respond, but swiping to close Siri does not work.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:00 AM

You can start here, since it appears the device is frozen. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

1 reply

iPhone 11 has a black screen and will not turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.