You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple keyboard on iPad Pro 11 (1st Gen) does not function properly.

I have an Apple A1314 Bluetooth keyboard functions on My iPhone properly and on my MacBook. Somehow when I connect my Bluetooth keyboard to my iPad (Which I used to use on my old iPad) recognizes it like numlock on, therefore U, I, O, J, K, L, and M don’t type and keyboard doesn’t function properly. There is no numlock button on that keyboard to turn it on or off.

is this something I am doing wrong or Apple has some coding error on new iPad that recognizes that Bluetooth keyboard numlock on as default. again: this Bluetooth keyboard is fully functional on my iPhone or other devices.

Please advise

Thank you

current configuration:

Hardware: iPad Pro (11-inch) (MTXN2KH/A, 64gb WIFI)

ipadOS: 13.4.1

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 5:35 PM

12 replies

May 1, 2020 7:25 AM in response to henk226

henk226 wrote:

Most letters work fine but for some no reaction during typing.

Again: Which letters exactly?? If you are not talking about the letters 789uiojkl, this discussion has nothing to do with your problem and you should post your question elsewhere independently with the details. lf you ARE talking about 789uiojkl, then the last item on this page

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210546

shows you how to turn off the Mousekeys feature on external keyboards.

May 1, 2020 7:25 AM in response to henk226

Yes this thread talks about external keyboard. Mine is old Apple keyboard I believe it is Bluetooth 1.0 or 2.0 and works perfect after I followed this instructions.

• make sure you have latest iPadOS Installed.
  • make sure mouse pointers settings turned off Accessibility > Mouse Key features like Tom said in earlier messages.
  • if the non function keys are different than U, I, O, J, K, L, and M, then your problem cause could be different.

Apple keyboard on iPad Pro 11 (1st Gen) does not function properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.