You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning Spyware

I received a warning On my iPad. Warning. Mac OS is infected with Spyware and other malicious applications. Call Apple support

I think it is bogus

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 10:23 AM

It’s certainly bogus.

If this arrived as an email, delete with extreme prejudice - remembering to also delete it from your Trash/Bin

If this appeared within a Safari browser window, close your browser, clear your cache, then install 1Blocker for Safari.

To clear your cached website data and cookies:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

1Blocker for Safari:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

Now relax 🙂

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2020 10:23 AM in response to TFF45688

It’s certainly bogus.

If this arrived as an email, delete with extreme prejudice - remembering to also delete it from your Trash/Bin

If this appeared within a Safari browser window, close your browser, clear your cache, then install 1Blocker for Safari.

To clear your cached website data and cookies:

Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data

1Blocker for Safari:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1blocker-for-safari/id1365531024

Now relax 🙂

Apr 26, 2020 10:40 AM in response to TFF45688

Scam.

Oh, that’s hilarious.

Mail messages, email sending addresses, telephone numbers on caller-ID, all can be spoofed.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Enable two-factor authentication, as that’s a defense against common scams.

Warning Spyware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.